I’m about to defy everything my parents once taught my five-year-old self on being a decent human being in one sentence: In college, You’re allowed to be selfish. Now when I say this it does… More
Since I’ve been living in lulu shorts and sorority tanks recently, I decided to dress-up for the occasion. During the day I spent most of my time on the lake in a swim suit, but at night I transitioned into a preppier outfit for a family dinner:
- Swimsuit: H&M
- Shirt: Urban Outfitters
- Jeans: Forever 21
- Shoes: Target
- Arrow Necklace: Etsy
- Belt: LOFT
- Sunnies: Forever 21
Recently I’ve been thinking about a few staples in my makeup collection that I use everyday I wear makeup – which have been diminishing with the summer heat. As I unpack my things and transition from dorm to home life, I found I’ve narrowed down what I use pretty significantly, and have learned to prioritize and favorite fewer products due to the lack of space at school. Considering my lack of decision making abilities and tendencies, this is a huge freaking deal thus meaning that these products are bomb and absolute musts. Disclaimer: This is my full-face routine that I use when I decide to look like a decent human being, not what I do when I’m just running out the door-I’ll make a post on that later 😉 Drumroll please, here they are in the order I use them:
- Olay Fresh Effects BB Cream in light to medium: I apply this all over right after I wash my face in the morning. I love it because its lightweight, has spf, and provides just the right amount of coverage.
- Maybeline 24 hour color tattoo in Barley Branded: THIS IS EYESHADOW GOLD. I’ve gone through at least 3 of them for a reason. Its everything proof and provides a nice base that locks shadows in for the whole day.
- Urban Decay Naked2 Basics: I use Skimp all over my lid for a wash of color and Frisk and Primal in my outer crease. This pallet is perfect because its so little and has huge color payoff.
- Maybeline FitMe concealer in 20 Sand Sable: I live by this concealer. It provides the perfect coverage and matches my skin color perfectly, which is saying alot since most drugstore concealers make me look like a pink monster. Its also crazy cheap for the quality. A college girl’s dream.
- Rimmel Stay Matte Setting Powder in 005 Silky Beige: Same goes as above, good color, coverage and price and also keeps my oil at bay for the whole day.
- NYC bronzer in Sunny: THE drugstore bronzer. Its not too orange or brown and is 100% matte, also under 5$ and a steal in my book.
- Nars Orgasm Blush (Wet n’ Wild’s pearlescent pink is a good dupe): I apply this with the Real Techniques blush brush, and it gives me the perfect everyday blush.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow pomade in Taupe: This stuff is everything proof and seems like it lasts forever. Its a little more on the pricey side but a little goes a long way and is a fool-proof way to fill in your brows
- Maybeline The Rocket mascara in blackest black: I can never emphasize enough how much I love Maybeline mascaras. This one particularily has my heart because the brush creates such effortless, huge defined lashes.
- Maybeline eyeshadow in champagne fizz as highlight: Using an eye shadow as a highlight may seem weird, but its the best decision I’ve ever made. This little guy looks good on so many different skin tones, and stays on my face. Coming in at under 5$, it takes the cake compared to other drugstore highlighters .
Welcome to my blog! I’m glad you’re here. In the midst of the summer haze I’ve found my self endlessly bored with being on break from university. Never thought I’d say that, but alas here I am. Since I figured I should do something with myself, and I felt I needed a creative outlet from my business side, I ciphered I’d create a space to share my college adventures with others while also updating you on my current fashion & beauty trends/ favorites.
The biggest struggle I faced transitioning from high school to college as the oldest sibling is that I had absolutely zero insight on what my freshman year was to bring. I didn’t have many older friends that I could go to for advice, so I found myself constantly trying to find solid pieces of advice from you tubers and Pinterest. Unfortunately, no one really had any kind of specific advice apart from “be yourself, be responsible and don’t be stupid”, which wasn’t really much help with making friends and going through things like sorority recruitment. It also seemed like nobody was talking about the kinds of things I was the most lost with, like figuring out majors and tuition, because they aren’t the glamorous side of the college experience.
My mission is to put all of my experiences and advice into blog posts to help the girl I was a year ago, who is sitting in her room freaking out about college and what this new chapter would bring her.
Here goes nothing.
Welp. I somehow managed to survive a whole 19 years of life, and its been quite the experience. As I enter my last remaining year of teenage-hood, I can’t help but reflect on all of the wonderful people that have entered my life, and all of the memories I’ve made in the past couple of years. I just want to say thanks to all who have been there to listen to my highs and lows each and every day, tolerate my Grey’s Anatomy tirades and sub-par puns. You guys are the ones who have made me who I am, cheesy as it is, I wouldn’t be Cass without you. Farewell 18, and here’s to 19.